Vinik, Lightning Bring Hockey to Ferrell Girls Preparatory Academy
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (January 21, 2016) – Students at Ferrell Girls Preparatory Academy will “Be the Thunder” Friday, January 22, when the Tampa Bay Lightning bring hockey to their school.
The Lightning will host street hockey clinics led by 2004 Stanley Cup Champion Jassen Cullimore and U.S. Women’s National Team member and Olympic Silver Medalist Anne Schleper. There will also be a press event with Tampa Bay Lightning Chairman Jeff Vinik, Superintendent Jeff Eakins, Anne Schleper, and Lightning Executive Director of Community Hockey Development Jay Feaster.
Students will participate in the street hockey clinics during their physical education classes throughout the day. The best time for media to attend is at 1:00 p.m. when Jeff Vinik, Jeff Eakins, Anne Schleper, and Jassen Cullimore will compete in a hockey game with students. They will also describe the Build the Thunder and Equip the Thunder programs while also discussing the Future Goals-Hockey Scholar program, which is a STEM-based hockey digital learning initiative.
All 489 students at the school will receive a hockey stick, ball, and a Lightning BOGO ticket voucher.
Ferrell Girls Preparatory Academy is located at 4302 24th Street, Tampa.
- Exciting Opportunity for Teachers to Transform Lives
- Board Members in the Community: June 19-23
- School is out for Summer but the Need for Nutritious Meals Continues
- Board Members in the Community: June 12-13
- Joint Press Release - Hillsborough school district and teachers’ union reach tentative agreement including raises, bonuses, child care assistance, and other benefits