Mock DUI Assembly
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (April 18, 2016) – Seniors at Gaither High School will see a dramatic reenactment on Thursday, April 21, during a mock DUI assembly. The assembly is being held in partner with the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, Hillsborough County Fire Rescue and several organizations at Gaither High School.
Students will start in the auditorium at 8:35 a.m. for an overview and to understand more about what they will see during the assembly. They will then move to the school’s stadium just before 9 a.m. for the visual presentation. Students will see visuals of an accident, they will witness as crews from Hillsborough Fire Rescue and deputies from the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office respond to the scene. A helicopter will be flown in to take the “victims” to a trauma center.
The assembly is a stark example of the consequences that can occur from drinking alcohol or using illicit substances, especially during Prom season and Graduation. Gaither High School is located at 16200 N. Dale Mabry Hwy., Tampa.
Media interested in attending the assembly should contact Tanya Arja to discuss photo opportunities.
- Apply by Friday for sixth-grade spot in one of three north county K-8 schools
- Bay Area Superintendents Join Together for a Call to Action: Let's Do More for Students
- Special Called School Board Meeting
- The Annual Gaither Stampede welcomed Special Olympic Athletes and a Parade of Superheroes, Rough Riders and More!
- All Schools and District Offices Closed for Spring Break