Love It, Like It, or Dislike It? 7th Annual Student Food Tasting
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (May 2, 2016) – The Hillsborough County Public Schools Student Nutrition Services Department is hosting its 7th annual Fresh Flavors - Food for Body and Mind Expo from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., Wednesday, May 4, at TPepin’s Hospitality Centre.
Approximately 200 students from around the district will taste and rate new menu items for the 2016-2017 school year menu. Twenty-one new menu items will be tested, including Gyro Flatbread Sandwich, Funfetti Quinoa Salad, and a Chicken & Pesto Piada. Students will rate each item on a scale of Love It, Like It, or Dislike It based on the item’s appearance, smell, and taste.
The purpose of the tasting is to help Student Nutrition Services provide healthy menus that are based on student preferences. This year a group of parents are invited to be taste testers and participate in a question and answer session about school meal initiatives with Student Nutrition Services General Manager Dr. Mary Kate Harrison.
Each student will receive a goodie bag and will have a chance to win a Fitbit fitness tracker. TPepin’s Hospitality Centre is located at 4121 N. 50th St., Tampa.
- Soles Shaping Souls: Eighth grader's mission to provide shoes to kids is off and running
- King cadets celebrate at military ball and honor retiring Captain
- Tempting Tastebuds at the 9th Annual Fresh Flavors Food Show -School lunch is not what it used to be-
- Slither and splash your way to Nature’s Classroom at open house this Saturday
- Board Members in the Community: April 26 - May 2