“Recycle Village” flourishes at Orange Grove Middle Magnet School of Arts
Students of Orange Grove (OG) Middle School of the Arts showcased a "Recycle Village," during the month of April as a community effort. This project served as a method to promote Earth Day awareness through recycling, reducing, reusing, and repurposing materials, as well as to highlight the rigor and uniqueness of the arts-integration magnet program.
A culminating event took place on April 21 (Earth Day) and offered activities such as student-led presentations, garden tours with samples of harvested vegetables, live performances, art demonstrations, costume design, jewelry created from recycled materials, and more.
“Our students showcased arts integration at its best! This celebration was a concerted effort of our amazing faculty, staff, students, parents and community. The efforts of everyone working together resulted in creating another positive and lasting middle school memory for our phenomenal lions. At Orange Grove Middle Magnet School of the Arts we know our STAR students benefit from an arts integrated approach to learning!” said Dr. Shannon Butler, principal of Orange Grove.
The Orange Grove Arts Integration Magnet Program provides students the opportunity to experience arts through math, science, social studies, and English language arts and continues to prepare students for creativity and success .
To learn more about Orange Grove Middle Magnet visit http://orangegrove.mysdhc.orgView Full Album
- Exciting Opportunity for Teachers to Transform Lives
- Board Members in the Community: June 19-23
- School is out for Summer but the Need for Nutritious Meals Continues
- Board Members in the Community: June 12-13
- Joint Press Release - Hillsborough school district and teachers’ union reach tentative agreement including raises, bonuses, child care assistance, and other benefits