Teacher Interview Day
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (May 20, 2016) – Prospective educators who are seeking instructional positions in Hillsborough County Public Schools during the 2016-2017 school year will come in for job interviews at the annual Teacher Interview Day (TID)/ Renaissance Expo. The interviews will take place on Saturday, May 21, from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., at Middleton High School located at 4801 North 22nd Street, Tampa.
Principals from Renaissance Schools will meet for the Renaissance Expo from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. to interview pre-qualified teacher candidates, who have passed subject area exams for instructional school positions at all grade levels. Later in the day, all principals will have the opportunity to interview qualified applicants from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for open instructional positions.
Only pre-screened and pre-approved prospective educators who submitted a registration form by the deadline and who received an online confirmation outlining the details of the event will be interviewed.
Participants will begin with an orientation by district personnel in the auditorium. They will then go to the gymnasium to sign up for interview times with schools. Interviews will take place in classrooms.
Candidates who receive an offer of employment at TID/Renaissance Expo will complete the employee processing on-site at Middleton High School.
- Exciting Opportunity for Teachers to Transform Lives
- Board Members in the Community: June 19-23
- School is out for Summer but the Need for Nutritious Meals Continues
- Board Members in the Community: June 12-13
- Joint Press Release - Hillsborough school district and teachers’ union reach tentative agreement including raises, bonuses, child care assistance, and other benefits