Buddy Bench promotes friendships and inclusion at Alafia Elementary
First graders at Alafia Elementary have built a “Buddy Bench” to foster relationships and play among students during playground time. Most students are running around, swinging and playing jump rope during playground time, while some may sit lonely or in need of a playmate.
During playtime, if a student feels left out or needs someone to talk to or play with, they sit on the "Buddy Bench". When fellow students see this, they encourage their classmate to join their game or conversation. The purpose of these benches is to promote inclusion at school.
Through generous community donations, Alafia Elementary has created one bench for their school. The school hopes to build more benches for all areas of the campus where children gather for playtime.
For more information about Alafia Elementary School visit their website at http://alafia.mysdhc.org.View Full Album
- Kids Severe Weather Awareness Week Poster Contest
- Going for the Gold - Count us in for the win!
- You're Invited to Celebrate East Bay's 60 Year Legacy
- Governor Rick Scott and First Lady Ann Scott Invite K-12 Students to Participate in 2018 Black History Month Contests
- Potter Eagles welcome community members to open house