Blake High School Grad Wins New Car for Perfect Attendance
Jennifer Vasquez from Blake High School is the proud owner of a new Scion after pulling the winning key in the New Car Giveaway for Perfect Attendance at Toyota of Tampa Bay. Superintendent Jeff Eakins and School Board members took turns drawing students' names and letting them select keys for their chance to win the new car.
Jennifer was the 10th student out of 12 to choose a key and try to unlock the car door. She was stunned when she heard the horn beep and the car door unlock. She ran to her shiny new white Scion and jumped in the front seat. Jennifer will be heading to HCC in the fall and will then transfer to USF where she plans to be a Pre-Med student.
This is the 6th year Toyota of Tampa Bay has sponsored the new car giveaway for students in Hillsborough County Public Schools. Students who had perfect attendance in their senior year of high school took part in the drawing on Sunday, June 12, at noon, at Toyota of Tampa Bay, 1101 East Fletcher Ave., Tampa.
Graduating seniors who had perfect attendance the entire year received two entries into the contest. Seniors who had perfect attendance for one semester received one entry.
Congratulations to Jennifer! Enjoy your new car!
- Governor Rick Scott and First Lady Ann Scott Invite K-12 Students to Participate in 2018 Black History Month Contests
- Potter Eagles welcome community members to open house
- The New Tool Inspiring Activity and Learning at Lithia Springs
- Board Members in the Community: January 22-27
- A New Year and New Program Brings Opportunity for Future Firefighters