Susan L. Valdes receives prestigious Presidential Medal from the Ana G. Mendez University System
In recognition of her outstanding contributions and commitment to the increase of ecomonic and educational opportunities for the Tampa Bay community, the Ana G. Mendez University System (SUAGM) presented the Honorable Susan L. Valdes, Hillsborough County Public Schools (HCPS) Board Member with the 2016 Presidential Medal. This honor was presented during the Tampa Bay Campus 5th Commencement Ceremony on Tuesday, June 21, 2016.
Ms. Valdes addressed the graduating class with a heartfelt, motivating message as the keynote speaker. She encouraged them to stay hungry for knowledge and to use this opportunity to lead the way for others following in their footsteps. "Be the servant leader that our youngsters can look up to and be proud of," said Valdes.
Dr. Luis A. Burgos, SUAGM Chancellor shared, "Ms. Valdes' lifetime of success, service, and commitment to the community is certainly an inspiration to our graduates."
The Ana G. Mendez University System is the largest private university system in Puerto Rico with over 65 years of tradition and a student enrollment of more than 44,000 throughout the universities in Puerto Rico, Florida, Maryland, and Texas.
View Full Album
- Burrito could win Bloomingdale students $55,000
- Board Members in the Community: April 23
- Start Spreading the News: Durant performs at Carnegie Hall in New York City
- HCPSProud: District recognizes students, educators and community members for excellence
- HABSE connects with Brandon Chamber to offer Hillsborough School discount for The Taste of Brandon tickets