Student-Athletes Participate in Character & Leadership Development
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Student-Athletes Participate in
Character & Leadership Development
Tampa, Fla. – (September 27, 2016) – About 100 student-athletes from King High School have been nominated to participate in the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) Character & Leadership Development Program. On Thursday, September 29 from 9:50 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., the media is invited to attend as student-athletes come together to kick off the program with Hillsborough County Public Schools Superintendent Jeff Eakins along with representatives from PCA, the Tampa Bay Lightning, and the Tampa Bay Rays.
The students were all nominated by their coach and their school’s athletic director. The PCA Character & Leadership Development Program shares the important role high school sports plays in developing character and leadership skills. The students will also hear from business leaders and other community members on how this program provides skills they need to succeed in life, including skills future employers are seeking in an employee.
King High School is located at 6815 N. 56th Street, Tampa.
- Soles Shaping Souls: Eighth grader's mission to provide shoes to kids is off and running
- King cadets celebrate at military ball and honor retiring Captain
- Tempting Tastebuds at the 9th Annual Fresh Flavors Food Show -School lunch is not what it used to be-
- Slither and splash your way to Nature’s Classroom at open house this Saturday
- Board Members in the Community: April 26 - May 2