National Chemistry Week: 2016 Illustrated Poem Contest
Each year as part of National Chemistry Week (NCW) activities, the American Chemical Society (ACS) sponsors an illustrated poem contest for students in Kindergarten through 12th grade. Participating ACS local sections can invite area students to compete. Entries are judged based upon relevance to and incorporation of the NCW theme (“Solving Mysteries Through Chemistry"), word choice and imagery, colorful artwork, adherence to poem style, originality and creativity, and overall presentation.
Local winners advance to the national contest for a chance to win cash prizes. The National ACS will award $300 to first-place and $150 to second-place winners of the national contest in each grade category.
One entry per student will be accepted for one grade category.
Winners will be selected in each of the following four categories:
- K - 2nd grade
- 3rd – 5th grade
- 6th – 8th grade
- 9th – 12th grade
NCW 2016 Contest Entry Form
NCW 2016 Sample Contest Flyer
- Kids Severe Weather Awareness Week Poster Contest
- Going for the Gold - Count us in for the win!
- You're Invited to Celebrate East Bay's 60 Year Legacy
- Governor Rick Scott and First Lady Ann Scott Invite K-12 Students to Participate in 2018 Black History Month Contests
- Potter Eagles welcome community members to open house