School Board Members and Transportation Employees Kick off Holiday Season
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (December 1, 2016) – School Board Members will join employees from our transportation department at the Plant City Christmas Parade on Friday, December 2, from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
This is the first year transportation employees will have a float in the parade. The employees built a beautiful gingerbread house (see attached photos) which will be pulled by a decorated propane school bus. Transportation employees came in on their own time to build the float and conducted fundraisers like bake sales and cake raffles to purchase materials for the float.
Our employees look forward to this event which brings out students, family members and the community. Our transportation employees have a key role in the success of our students, ensuring they get to and from school safely and on time.
In addition to the district float, students from area schools will be participating in the Plant City Christmas Parade with their marching bands, JROTC, dance teams and other school and community organizations.
For information on the parade, you can visit the Greater Plant City Chamber of Commerce at For information on the parade, you can visit the Greater Plant City Chamber of Commerce at http://www.plantcity.org/events/details/christmas-parade-12-02-2016-1550
###View Full Album
- Burrito could win Bloomingdale students $55,000
- Board Members in the Community: April 23
- Start Spreading the News: Durant performs at Carnegie Hall in New York City
- HCPSProud: District recognizes students, educators and community members for excellence
- HABSE connects with Brandon Chamber to offer Hillsborough School discount for The Taste of Brandon tickets