Hundreds of Jefferson High students repeat march for solidarity
More than 600 students from Jefferson High School marched to the AMC WestShore movie theater to watch the movie “Hidden Figures” which is based on a true story. Many Americans are familiar with the astronaut heroes of the 20th century space race, but unknown to many is the fact that several of the NASA researchers who made space flight possible were women, and among them were African American women who played critical roles in the aeronautics industry. Students who were primarily enrolled in American History and African American Studies courses took part in the march.
To learn more about the march and why it was so meaningful to students from JHS, read the story by Ryan Hughes, News Channel 8 reporter.
For more information about Jefferson High School, go to http://jefferson.mysdhc.org/.
View Full Album
- Burrito could win Bloomingdale students $55,000
- Board Members in the Community: April 23
- Start Spreading the News: Durant performs at Carnegie Hall in New York City
- HCPSProud: District recognizes students, educators and community members for excellence
- HABSE connects with Brandon Chamber to offer Hillsborough School discount for The Taste of Brandon tickets