20 Magnet Schools Receive National Recognition
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (Mar. 10, 2017) – Magnet Schools of America (MSA) has recognized many Hillsborough County public magnet schools and programs as Magnet Schools of Excellence or Magnet Schools of Distinction.
The Magnet Schools of Merit Awards recognize member magnet schools/programs that demonstrate a commitment to high academic standards, curriculum innovation, desegregation/diversity efforts, specialized teaching staffs, and parent and community involvement.
There are two categories of awards: (1) Magnet Schools of Excellence, the top category, is awarded to a group of select magnet schools, and (2) Magnet Schools of Distinction, the second highest award of recognition. Schools submit an application and it is scored by a panel of educators.
Magnet Schools of Excellence: Riverhills Elementary Magnet School, Orange Grove, Stewart, and Williams middle magnet schools; Rampello K-8 School; and Tampa Bay Technical High School.
Magnet Schools of Distinction: Cahoon, Dunbar, Lee, Lincoln, MacFarlane, Muller, and Shore elementary magnet schools; Ferrell Girls Preparatory Academy, Franklin Boys Preparatory Academy, Progress Village and Walker middle magnet schools; and Blake, Jefferson and Middleton high schools.
Magnet programs are one of the many options families in Hillsborough County Public Schools can choose as our District continues to prepare students for life.
- Soles Shaping Souls: Eighth grader's mission to provide shoes to kids is off and running
- King cadets celebrate at military ball and honor retiring Captain
- Tempting Tastebuds at the 9th Annual Fresh Flavors Food Show -School lunch is not what it used to be-
- Slither and splash your way to Nature’s Classroom at open house this Saturday
- Board Members in the Community: April 26 - May 2