Forest Hills Elementary offers free back-to-school haircuts
Students who can’t afford a haircut will get a chance to look sharp as they head back to school thanks to a group of community volunteers. Up to eight stylists and barbers are volunteering their time to provide free haircuts to students at Forest Hills Elementary School on Sunday, August 6.
Jacob Dunn, who teaches first grade and serves as a teacher talent developer, coordinated the event along with his own stylist, Jennifer Chhim. “We are so excited to provide these services to our students and their families,” Dunn said.
The event, scheduled for noon to 4 p.m. in the school’s multi-purpose room, is open to Forest Hills Elementary families, first-come, first-served.
|Who:||Stylists giving free haircuts
Students about to head back to school
|When:||Sunday, August 6 from noon to 4 p.m.
Forest Hills Elementary School
- Soles Shaping Souls: Eighth grader's mission to provide shoes to kids is off and running
- King cadets celebrate at military ball and honor retiring Captain
- Tempting Tastebuds at the 9th Annual Fresh Flavors Food Show -School lunch is not what it used to be-
- Slither and splash your way to Nature’s Classroom at open house this Saturday
- Board Members in the Community: April 26 - May 2