Third graders build connections with local leaders
On Wednesday, September 20, third graders at Roland Park K-8 Magnet School engaged a panel of Tampa based community leaders as part of their lesson on leadership. The students are currently learning how communities are enriched by their members and by their personal beliefs and values.
A total of 80 third graders approached a podium centered in the school's multi-purpose room and asked insightful questions of leaders in the academic, military, community, and political arenas. The goal was for students to ultimately understand what it takes to be a leader in action.
Members of the 2017 Leadership Panel:
Mr. Weaver, Principal, Roland Park K-8 Magnet School
Superintendent Jeff Eakins, Hillsborough County Public Schools
City Councilman Luis Viera
City Councilman Mike Suarez
Dr. David Allsopp, Dean, College of Education at USF
Jessica Muroff, CEO of Girl Scouts of West Central FL
Judge Greg Holder
Julie Reyes, Director of Autism Speaks
- The Annual Gaither Stampede welcomed Special Olympic Athletes and a Parade of Superheroes, Rough Riders and More!
- Not Your Typical Spring Break: East Bay Students on a Mission
- Board Members in the Community: March 19-23
- Hillsborough County Public Schools to Host School Safety Discussion Organized by CLEW
- Teacher Sheila de Diego has been there for 46 of Morgan Woods' 50 years