Third graders build connections with local leaders
On Wednesday, September 20, third graders at Roland Park K-8 Magnet School engaged a panel of Tampa based community leaders as part of their lesson on leadership. The students are currently learning how communities are enriched by their members and by their personal beliefs and values.
A total of 80 third graders approached a podium centered in the school's multi-purpose room and asked insightful questions of leaders in the academic, military, community, and political arenas. The goal was for students to ultimately understand what it takes to be a leader in action.
Members of the 2017 Leadership Panel:
Mr. Weaver, Principal, Roland Park K-8 Magnet School
Superintendent Jeff Eakins, Hillsborough County Public Schools
City Councilman Luis Viera
City Councilman Mike Suarez
Dr. David Allsopp, Dean, College of Education at USF
Jessica Muroff, CEO of Girl Scouts of West Central FL
Judge Greg Holder
Julie Reyes, Director of Autism Speaks
- Apply by Friday for sixth-grade spot in one of three north county K-8 schools
- Bay Area Superintendents Join Together for a Call to Action: Let's Do More for Students
- Special Called School Board Meeting
- The Annual Gaither Stampede welcomed Special Olympic Athletes and a Parade of Superheroes, Rough Riders and More!
- All Schools and District Offices Closed for Spring Break