Choice Expo Gives Families a Hands-On Chance to Explore 50+ School Options
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (October 31, 2017) – It will be an exciting afternoon as students and families learn more about the amazing opportunities available in Hillsborough County Public Schools at the upcoming Choice Expo, on Friday, November 3, from 3-7 p.m. at the Florida State Fairgrounds.
More than 50 tuition-free school options will be represented with interactive displays and demonstrations. This free event is for elementary, middle and high school families in kindergarten through 11th grade to interact with teachers, administrators and current students from various schools.
The district’s Choice options offer students rigorous academic work while providing opportunities to explore and discover their talents and interests. Some programs include interests like film production & design, finance, medical & science exploration, and performing arts.
With Choice, families can apply for a magnet school, specific career and technical programs, choice attractors and other attendance area schools with available space. The Choice Application Period opens at noon on November 1 and extends until December 12. The Choice applications are available online at the district’s website sdhc.k12.fl.us; type in the words Go Choice in the search bar.
- Governor Rick Scott and First Lady Ann Scott Invite K-12 Students to Participate in 2018 Black History Month Contests
- Potter Eagles welcome community members to open house
- The New Tool Inspiring Activity and Learning at Lithia Springs
- Board Members in the Community: January 22-27
- A New Year and New Program Brings Opportunity for Future Firefighters