Mitchell Elementary School hosts Florida Governor Rick Scott
Governor Rick Scott visited Mitchell Elementary School on Monday to highlight his education funding plan. The Governor’s plan, in advance of the 2018 legislative session, would increase per-student spending by $200. It would also provide $100 more, per teacher, to help buy school supplies for their classrooms.
Students thanked the Governor for coming to their school and highlighting the importance of a high quality education. Mitchell Elementary Principal Deborah Anderson shared the school’s motto with the Governor: "To Be the Best…Give Your Best!"
Enjoy photos from today's visit in the Flickr album below!View Full Album
- Soles Shaping Souls: Eighth grader's mission to provide shoes to kids is off and running
- King cadets celebrate at military ball and honor retiring Captain
- Tempting Tastebuds at the 9th Annual Fresh Flavors Food Show -School lunch is not what it used to be-
- Slither and splash your way to Nature’s Classroom at open house this Saturday
- Board Members in the Community: April 26 - May 2