Buccaneers Players Feature HCPS Buccaneers Academies for “My Cause My Cleats”
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (December 1, 2017) – Hillsborough County Public Schools (HCPS) is excited to share that two Tampa Bay Buccaneers players will feature HCPS Buccaneers Academies for this Sunday’s game during the NFL’s “My Cause My Cleats” campaign.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers players Keith Tandy and Kevin Pamphile each selected to represent the Bucs Care Foundation, featuring Hillsborough County Public Schools Buccaneers Academies on custom cleats designed for this weekend’s NFL games. Players across the NFL were given the opportunity to design cleats featuring causes near and dear to their hearts.
Twenty-four Hillsborough County Public Schools are designated as a Buccaneer Academy. The program, which serves 14,000 students, brings Buccaneers players and cheerleaders to the Buccaneers Academies throughout the school year to provide academic support and encourage students to strive for excellence.
The cleats are just another way to support students in Hillsborough County and shows the Buccaneers commitment to the children of this community. Keith Tandy’s cleats even feature the names of all 24 Buccaneers Academies.
“I chose to get involved with the Bucs Care Foundation so that I can make a difference in the Tampa Bay area,” said Keith Tandy.
“Working with the Bucs Care Foundation gives me the opportunity to volunteer in the local Tampa Bay Community and give back to kids,” said Kevin Pamphile.
- Soles Shaping Souls: Eighth grader's mission to provide shoes to kids is off and running
- King cadets celebrate at military ball and honor retiring Captain
- Tempting Tastebuds at the 9th Annual Fresh Flavors Food Show -School lunch is not what it used to be-
- Slither and splash your way to Nature’s Classroom at open house this Saturday
- Board Members in the Community: April 26 - May 2