Skip Navigation
Personnel Services

Personnel Services


Instructional applicants will need to follow these steps to acquire a State of Florida Department of Education Professional Educator’s Certificate:

Non-education majors and teachers from outside the state of Florida:

Apply to the Florida Department of Education (, which includes submitting transcripts and application fees ($75.00 per subject) and the certificate from outside Florida if applicable.

Upgrading from a temporary certificate to a professional certificate - within the validity window of the temporary certificate, these steps are required:

Pass the Florida General Knowledge Test – must pass within the first year of employment

Pass the Florida Subject Area Examination

Pass the Florida Professional Education Test

Non-education majors must also complete the Alternative Certification Program in HCPS or a program through an accredited university

Search for School
Find a School
School Locator

Locate your attendance area school

School Locator