Steps to Apply to HCPS
Click the green apply button to complete and submit an online application for employment. Please do not e-mail, mail, or fax any application documents (resumes, certificates, etc.) to school sites or to district sites.
Log into your application to apply for vacancies which interest you. You will receive application pages pertaining to the positions you select which will be reviewed by the Application Center. Principals will contact you for an interview. During the application phase, all instructional (which includes administrative) applicants will complete a Teacher Fit screening survey, which helps determine your eligibility for employment. Be sure to carefully read and answer each question.
Note! If you are interested in an Instructional position at a MAGNET school, please visit the Magnet Application.
Monitor your application status. There are two ways to do this:
You will need to check your e-mail regularly to view any messages, especially for your application status.
Application statuses are as follows:
- Application Center Screening: Has been received; will be reviewed in 5 to 10 business days. During peak seasons, the review process will take longer.
- Active: Has been approved. You may now apply for vacant positions for which you qualify.
- Ineligible: Has been reviewed and is not approved at the time.
NOTE! If you contact Application Center, you must provide your FULL name on the application and be prepared to provide personal identifying information for confidentiality.
For technical support or to request help, visit: Applitrack.com/apphelp
If you are hired...
You will receive an "offer form" through your AppliTrack application. You will need to log into your application and complete the form. This form will be sent to Human Resources after the principal or hiring manager confirms the hire. When you are approved through Human Resources, you will receive information regarding processing (on-boarding).
After hire, new employees are required to schedule an appointment with the Employee Processing Office, complete Human Resources employment documents, and Level 2 Background Screening. Please see important instructions ("Employee Processing Information") and other information (Hours of Operation and Map) below.
The Employee Processing Department is located at the Instructional Services Center, (813) 840-7177, 2920 N. 40th St, Tampa, FL 33605. View Map
- NOTE: From June through August the School District will be CLOSED ON FRIDAYS.
- NOTE: Depending on the time of day and the time of year, it may take several hours to complete all aspects of employee processing. Keep in mind that the Employee Processing Office is a District facility which has limited seating. It can only accommodate the employee being processed and a translator, if appropriate.
- NOTE: The Instructional Services Center WILL BE CLOSED for Thanksgiving; during the school district's Winter Holiday weeks at the end of December; on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in January; during the school district's Spring Holidays week in March; for Memorial Day in May; for Independence Day in July; for Labor Day in September. Please see: District Calendars and Schedules for these/other dates.
If you are not hired...
return to Step 2, above ("Monitor Your Application Status") as often as you like to continue searching for and pursuing employment. If at any time you need to update your application information (change of address, new certifications, etc.), please log into your application (see number one) and update your application.
We wish you the best and thank you for your interest!
Hours 7:00 am to 4:30 pm EST Monday-Friday
* Closed major holidays.
** Hours vary during the summer months.