New Teacher Orientation
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (July 14, 2016) – Teachers who are new to Hillsborough County Public Schools are invited to attend New Teacher Orientation during either a 2 or 4-day session, Monday-Thursday, July 18-21, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Armwood High School.
More than 600 participants are expected to take part in the orientation. This year the New Teacher Orientation takes on a new look, in response to the needs of our teachers and their feedback from previous years.
The first two days, required of all new hires, will aim to familiarize teachers with the district’s mission, vision, and goals through a comprehensive induction model. Days 3 and 4 will be required of beginning teachers and will include CHAMPS/Discipline in the Secondary Classroom training to assist teachers with establishing classroom culture during the first few weeks of school. Experienced teachers are invited to register for various courses offered during Days 3 and 4 at our main training facility.
Superintendent Jeff Eakins, School Board Members, and district staff will greet and welcome teachers on Monday, July 18, at 1 p.m.
Armwood High School is located at 12000 U.S. Hwy. 92, Seffner.
- Tampa Foundation inspires Mort students through Sidewalk Painting Project
- Community partners work together to keep students safe on school buses and in school zones. Stop on Red, Kids Ahead!
- Why #WeAchieveTogether: Teacher James Michaud
- HART MVP Express brings Hillsborough Schools Bucs fans closer to the action
- School Board Workshop to be Rescheduled