Dads Take Your Child to School Day 2016-17
Fathers, grandfathers and other male role models are invited to take part in the “Dads Take Your Child to School Day” initiative, which this year is being celebrated statewide on Wednesday, September 28th. More than 30 years of research supports the belief that a positive relationship endures between increased family engagement and student academic success. Additional research suggests that when fathers are actively involved in their child’s education, students:
- Perform better academically
- Have fewer discipline problems
- Become more responsible adults
Schools in Hillsborough County may celebrate this initiative on another day of the week, but regardless of what day they choose, this initiative is a wonderful opportunity for dads or other male role models to get involved in their child’s education and to highlight the significant difference they can make by taking a more active role.
Call your child’s school for details about their celebration. For more information about the Florida Department of Education’s other Family Engagement/Parental Involvement programs, you may visit http://www.fldoe.org/schools/family-community/activities-programs/parental-involvement.stml.
- Jackson Elementary students work on science experiment with the University of South Florida's chemical engineering students
- STEMtober visits the Greco Fairy Tale Makerspace
- Hillsborough Schools drive home the message about school bus safety week
- Board Members in the Community: October 22-26
- The Bully Busters Club at Lewis Elementary is taking a stand against bullying