Student-Athletes Participate in Character & Leadership Development
About 100 student-athletes from King High School have been nominated to participate in the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) Character & Leadership Development Program. On Thursday, September 29, student-athletes came together to kick off the program with Superintendent Jeff Eakins along with representatives from PCA, the Tampa Bay Lightning, and the Tampa Bay Rays.
The students were all nominated by their coach and their school’s athletic director. The PCA Character & Leadership Development Program shares the important role high school sports plays in developing character and leadership skills. Business leaders and other community members shared how this program provides skills they need to succeed in life and what future employers seek in potential employees.
Visit Positive Coaching Alliance for more information about this program.
- Shields Honored as SouthShore Chamber's School of the Month
- Board Members in the Community: October 15-18
- Tampa Foundation inspires Mort students through Sidewalk Painting Project
- Community partners work together to keep students safe on school buses and in school zones. Stop on Red, Kids Ahead!
- Why #WeAchieveTogether: Teacher James Michaud