Chief of Staff Dr. Alberto Vazquez Honored
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (November 3, 2016) – Dr. Alberto Vazquez, Hillsborough County Public Schools’ Chief of Staff, was honored Wednesday night as the recipient of the Latino Excellence in Education Award.
The Florida Association of Latino Administrators and Superintendents (FL-ALAS) celebrated Dr. Vazquez, with the Wings of Inspiration Award, for his commitment and work with Latino students and the Latino community. Hispanic students make up 35% of the total student population in Hillsborough County Public Schools.
“Dr. Vazquez has dedicated his career to educating children. I am proud of the way he embraces diversity and empowers the growing Hispanic community,” said Superintendent Jeff Eakins, Hillsborough County Public Schools.
Dr. Vazquez joined Hillsborough County Public Schools in July, 2015. Previously, he served as the Superintendent of the Diocese of St. Petersburg. Dr. Vazquez has been the Associate Superintendent of Schools for Queens North in Brooklyn, New York and was a Principal in Bronx, New York. He has also served as an Adjunct Professor for higher education institutions including Notre Dame University, Fordham University, and Ana G. Mendez University System.
- Shields Honored as SouthShore Chamber's School of the Month
- Board Members in the Community: October 15-18
- Tampa Foundation inspires Mort students through Sidewalk Painting Project
- Community partners work together to keep students safe on school buses and in school zones. Stop on Red, Kids Ahead!
- Why #WeAchieveTogether: Teacher James Michaud