North Tampa and New Tampa Community Meetings on Proposed Boundary Changes
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (March 23, 2017) – Two parent/community meetings on proposed boundary changes have been scheduled for the North Tampa and New Tampa areas. The meetings will be an open house format where parents can talk with district staff, provide comments and review the information throughout the meeting. Staff members from Choice, Transportation and the affected schools will be in attendance.
The first meeting will be Tuesday, March 28, from 6 – 7:30 p.m. in the Van Buren Middle School cafeteria. Van Buren Middle School is located at 8715 North 22nd Street, Tampa. The following impacted families should attend this meeting:
· Students currently assigned to MOSI Partnership School, Forest Hills, Mort, Pizzo, Shaw and Witter Elementary Schools and Van Buren and Greco Middle Schools
· Students currently assigned to the Hunter’s Green Elementary and Clark Elementary boundaries living in the North Tampa area only (does not include New Tampa)
The second meeting will be held on Thursday, March 30, from 6 – 7:30 p.m. in the Benito Middle School cafeteria. Benito Middle School is located at 10101 Cross Creek Boulevard, Tampa. The following impacted families should attend:
· Students currently assigned to Heritage, Hunter’s Green and Pride Elementary Schools (New Tampa area only)
Proposed boundary changes are not final until School Board approval. The School Board is tentatively scheduled to consider the proposed boundary changes at one of their regular meetings in May 2017.
- Potter's Head Start Teacher honored as Florida’s Teacher of the Year
- Shields Honored as SouthShore Chamber's School of the Month
- Pasos al Futuro College Information Nights “En Español”
- Board Members in the Community: October 15-18
- Tampa Foundation inspires Mort students through Sidewalk Painting Project