Bucs Gift Bing New Equipment for Play 60 Win
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers, in collaboration with the National Football League (NFL) and the American Heart Association, kicked-off the Play 60 Challenge in all elementary schools in Hillsborough County earlier this year. The goal of this initiative was to promote the importance of healthy eating and active lifestyle.
The Play60 Challenge took place for 4-weeks, encouraging Physical Education (PE) teachers to track their students’ activity outside the classroom. The top three schools with the highest average minutes played in January received grants to purchase new equipment for their PE department:
1st Place: Bing Elementary
2nd Place: Bevis Elementary
3rd Place: Lithia Springs Elementary
HCPS students played more than 7.1 million minutes during this challenge! Thank you to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the National Football League and the American Heart Association for providing this opportunity to our students.
READ MORE about how the Buccaneers celebrated with students from Bing Elementary on their 2017 Play 60 Challenge Victory!
- Potter's Head Start Teacher honored as Florida’s Teacher of the Year
- Shields Honored as SouthShore Chamber's School of the Month
- Pasos al Futuro College Information Nights “En Español”
- Board Members in the Community: October 15-18
- Tampa Foundation inspires Mort students through Sidewalk Painting Project